Thursday, February 18, 2021
20,000+ Formerly Confidential Documents Posted Today24,601 new Tobacco Industry Documents
were added today:
Education & Research Updates:
If you were unable to join us for the annual It's About a Billion Lives Symposium in January, or just want to re-visit the day, the recording is now available at:
The California Breast Cancer Research Program (CBCRP) has announced a new funding opportunity
for investigating industry influence over scientific information. Using the Industry Documents Library,
researchers will examine past efforts by the tobacco, chemical, drug, food, and fossil fuel industries to
suppress public awareness of the link between breast cancer and environmental exposures.
Applications are due 3/24/2021.
Thursday, December 10, 2020
Formerly Confidential RJ Reynolds Documents PostedTobacco Industry Documents update
For our last documents update for 2020 we uploaded over 10,000 tobacco industry documents:
Food Industry Documents update
2 new BC Sugar Company documents
were added today containing 1978-1979 Sugar Association Board Meeting materials
Documents Research update
We added four papers and publications to the IDL Bibliography
recently. Links to text as well as industry documents used in the research available on the bibliography page:
Behind the scenes update:
- van der Eijk Y, Tan GPP. Tobacco industry targeting of health-conscious youth with 'lighter' cigarettes: the case of Singapore. Tobacco Control 2020 Oct.
- Jureidini J, McHenry LB. The Illusion of Evidence-Based Medicine: Exposing the crisis of credibility in clinical research. Wakefield Press, 2020.
- Mathew M, Karazas D, Manmatha R and Jawahar CV. DocVQA: A Dataset for VQA on Document Images. 2020 July.
- Qian ZJ, Hill MJ, Ramamurthi D and Jackler RK. Promoting Tobacco Use Among Students: The U.S. Smokeless Tobacco Company College Marketing Program. The Laryngoscope, 2020 Oct.
Reminder: We are upgrading from Solr5.5.1 to Solr8.5.1 to bring our index to the latest generation of search technology. While most of the improvements are in the background making our index more efficient, our users can expect improved sorting, faceting, and relevance ranking. Please let us know if you experience something in your search you did not expect.
Friday, November 06, 2020
More Industry Documents and the 10th Annual Medical Heritage Library Conference
Drug Industry Documents Update:
563 new documents
515 new National Prescription Opiate Litigation documents (Opioid MDL)
- 48 documents in our new Insys Litigation Documents collection - documents include 45 volumes of transcripts in the 2019 US vs. Kapoor, et al. lawsuit brought by the government after a grand jury found Insys, maker of Subsys, a fentanyl-based pain medication, guilty of charges including racketeering, mail and wire fraud, and bribery. Insys founder, Dr John Kapoor, and a number of executives, were found guilty and sentenced to jail time.
Tobacco Industry Documents Update:
76 new Tobacco Documents including DATTA and RJ Reynolds Records
Today is World Digital Preservation Day! Since last year's digital preservation celebration on November 7, 2019, the Industry Documents Library has added 152,445 new industry documents for preservation in our archives. #WDPD2020
Smoke on Screens: Audiovisual Evidence of the Tobacco Industry’s Harms to Public Health. Join the IDL team on 11/13 at 10:15am PST for our presentation at the 10th Annual Medical Heritage Library Conference! Registration is free; please sign up in advance.
Behind the scenes update:
We are upgrading from Solr5.5.1 to Solr8.5.1 to bring our index to the latest generation of search technology. While most of the improvements are in the background making our index more efficient, our users can expect improved sorting, faceting, and relevance ranking.
Thursday, October 08, 2020
New Tobacco and Drug Industry Documents Posted
Truth Tobacco Documents Update:
11,426 new Tobacco Industry Documents added to the Truth Tobacco collection today!
Most of these documents were unavailable and "confidential" until now - see the "formerly confidential" docs in this release.
Drug Documents Update:
We are excited to announce 2 new collections of opioid documents totaling over 2,100 documents:
- The National Prescription Opiate Litigation Documents is a collection of documents from the Federal Multidistrict Litigation (MDL) 2804 heard in the U.S. District Court in Cleveland, Ohio (Northern District of Ohio). Plaintiffs alleged that the manufacturers of prescription opioids grossly misrepresented the risks of long-term use and distributors failed to properly monitor suspicious orders of those prescription drugs--all of which contributed to the current opioid epidemic.
The Kentucky Opioid Litigation Documents is a collection of documents from the lawsuit brought by the Commonwealth of Kentucky against Purdue Pharma, settled in 2015 for $24 Million, that alleged improper marketing of the drug OxyContin
Thursday, September 10, 2020
RJR, Lorillard and Philip Morris Documents Additions4,812 New Tobacco Industry Documents
have been added to the site today!
5 new papers/publications added to the UCSF Industry Documents Bibliography this summer -
Hendlin, Yogi Hale; Arcuri, Alessandra; Lepenies, Robert; Huesker, Frank. Like Oil and Water: The Politics of (Not) Assessing Glyphosate Concentrations in Aquatic Ecosystems. European Journal of Risk Regulation, September 2020.
Arcuri, Alessandra; Hendlin, Yogi Hale. Introduction to the Symposium on the Science and Politics of Glyphosate. European Journal of Risk Regulation, Sept 2020.
Schmidt, Laura ; Mialon, Melissa; Kearns, Cristin; Crosbie, Eric. Transnational corporations, obesity and planetary health. Lancet Planetary Health, July 2020.
Levy, David T; Cummings, K Michael; Heckman, Bryan W; Li,Yameng; Yuan,Zhe; Smith, Tracy T; Meza,Rafael. The Public Health Gains Had Cigarette Companies Chosen to Sell Very Low Nicotine Cigarettes Nicotine & Tobacco Research July 2020.
Pasetes,Sarah V.; Ling,Pamela M.;Apollonio, Dorie E. Cognitive performance effects of nicotine and industry affiliation: a systematic review. Substance Abuse, June 2020.